National Cleveland Style Polka Hall of Fame and Museum
605 East 222nd Street Euclid, OH 44123
Toll Free: 1-800-66POLKA
When Eddie Andres switched careers from to full-time musician, he soon made a niche
for himself on the Cleveland polka scene. He and his Cordovox accordion became one
of the area's first one-man bands, entertaining several nights each week. At the
opening of Debevec's Chalet Debonne winery in 1972, the excited audience called out
"Eddie, Eddie,Eddie." From that time on he was known as Three-Times Eddie.
Eddie started playing the accordion in public 60 years ago. He formed his first band,"The
Three Notes" in 1946. In the 1950s, Eddie played the eastside polka circuit, including
Tino's Lounge, Podboy's Lounge, Gorse'sTavern, Dana's Cafe, the Caboose Bar, Fritz's
Tavern, the Spotlight, and Yankovic's Steak House. He joined the Ernie Benedict band
for four years, and recorded with the group, in the 1960s.
Eddie's enthusiasm for polka music also prompted him to become a regular writer for
several publications, includng Polka Scene, Polka World, Polkarama, and his own monthly
polka newsletter. Declining health caused Eddie to curtail his music career in January,